Have Questions?
We Have Answers!

Don't Know What To Do?

Call Now to speak with a Certified Treatment Assesment Counselor who will guide you every step of the way.
This is a free service 100% Confidential

Treatment Help Request

Contact us now to get immediate help: 1-877-882-9275

Article Summary

The cost of Drug Rehabilitation

The cost on drug rehabilitation will vary from program to program. Most people in search of treatment for drug addiction or alcoholism equate the most expensive drug rehabilitation or the longest term rehab to being the most successful, but that is not necessarily true. Yes, some drug rehab programs cost nothing but the average cost for a residential drug rehab program is about $7,000 per month. There are drug treatment facilities that are free (paid for by our taxes) and there are treatment programs that charge more than 100K for a 30 day program.

Cost Factors

There are several factors that determine what will produce the most desiseable outcome and they all have more to do with the treatment approach than finances. A general rule of thumb is, for a SEVERE alcohol or drug ADDICTION problem the duration in a residential treatment program should not be less than 90 days. A long term (90 days or more) program with a drug-free approach allowing the brain time to heal that addresses the scientific issues of addiction and incorporates an educational component is what is important when choosing a drug rehabilitation program. Drug users and their families should look for drug treatment centers with staff that are determined to succeed in the recovery process and are experts in the addiction field, proven not by spoken words but by proven statistics. The unfortunate fact is over 98% of all drug and alcohol addiction treatment available today has a failure rate of 90 to 98%, that is a sad fact. That being said, leaves 2% of the treatment options available today to have higher than that average with some drug treatment programs having success rates as high as 80%.

Based on research and studies, there are several key factors that patients and their families should look for in effective drug rehabilitation programs other than treatment cost.

Key Treatment Factors

  • No single treatment is appropriate for all individuals, but it is obvious that some treatment programs have far greater success rates than others. We are all different therefore treatment should be tailored for each individual.
  • Effective treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug addiction.
  • Remaining in treatment for an adequate period of time is critical for treatment effectiveness.
  • Treatment does not need to be voluntary to be effective.
  • Possible drug use during treatment must be monitored regularly.
  • Treatment programs should provide medical assessment and address health issues.

Organizations We Support

Find Top Treatment Facilities Near You

  • Detoxification
  • Inpatient / Residential
  • Private / Executive
  • Therapeutic Counseling
  • Effective Results
Call Us Today!


Speak with a Certified Treatment Assesment Counselor who can go over all your treatment options and help you find the right treatment program that fits your needs.



Discuss Treatment Options!

Our Counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss your treatment needs and help you find the right treatment solution.

Call Us Today!